I am an award winning journalist and television producer with more than twenty years media experience.
I began working on newspapers before moving to television news followed by documentaries, features and lifestyle programmes. This means I offer a valuable mix of news desk and sofa programming experience, so I’m as comfortable promoting and working on news and human interest stories as I am with soaps, surveys, sex and spray tans.
After moving into lifestyle programmes I was headhunted to help re-launch ITV’s flagship daytime programme ‘This Morning’ following the departure of Richard and Judy. I became Editor of This Morning producing ten hours of live TV every week and managing a team of more than 80 people overseeing talent, production teams, news and showbiz desks – as well as the budget!
I became an Executive Producer at ITV and was given the unique role of bringing together programme makers and advertisers during which time I secured the company’s first ever completely ad funded programme commission.
Having taken time out of full time work to remind my children what their mother looks like, I have spent time on media consultancy work, producing promotional films and undertaking one-off special projects for clients.
How I Can Help You
• Development and pitching – I have experience of both seeking and offering TV commissions so I know how to develop and pitch anything from a feature idea to a fully-fledged programme.
• Press releases – Having being sent hundreds of press releases a day I know what makes a good one and how to make your story stand out. I can write your publicity material for you or show you how to write a press release that will get your story noticed. I can also point you in the right direction for placing your story.
• Publicity – I’ve seen it all from the inside and I’ve got the contacts, so I can give you or your company’s PR team essential media training to help get your story into the media spotlight
• Looking for an expert – from make-up to parenting guru, fashion stylists to agony aunts – I have worked with some of the biggest and best names in TV – I can help you choose the right presenter for your idea and help to steer you through what can be the minefield of talent management.
• Films – I have experience of making films from 2 minutes duration to 60 minutes. I can be used as a consultant just to advise you on content or I can do everything for you – writing scripts to your brief as well as securing film crews and edit facilities.
• Copywriting – If you need a brochure, leaflet, speech or presentation prepared for you I can write something for you or help improve what you’ve prepared yourself.